Saturday, January 21, 2017

Personal Reading Profile
I grew up as an avid reader and I would often be found with a Harry Potter or an Artemis Fowl book in my lap as I was obsessed with both of those series when I was younger. I also enjoyed the Charlie Bone novels by Jenny Nimmo, and I enjoy the young adult and fantasy genres as I love the magic and intrigue behind them. I also enjoy historical fiction because I am fascinated by other time periods and cultures, particularly the Elizabethan era. I have read of Phillipa Gregory’s novels because I love the way she reimagines the lives of these famous figures.
            I also enjoy a good thriller and I love novels by Ted Dekker, Dean Koontz, and James Patterson because of their different writing styles. I have read the entire Circle series, and I liked the way Ted Dekker wrote Three because of the action and the suspense he placed in that novel. I enjoyed the Odd Thomas movie, and I hope to be able to start reading the series once I have the funds to buy them and the time to enjoy them. I’ve read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson as a teenager, and I am hoping to start reading more of his adult fiction so that I can sit down with a good thriller. I am also interested in reading Under the Dome by Stephen King because I think I would be able to enjoy that more than some of his darker works.

Top 5 books/series I have read
1.     Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is my favorite
2.     Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
3.     Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
4.     The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
5.     The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Top 5 Books I have read in 2016
1.     The Queen’s Fool by Phillipa Gregory
2.     The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3.     The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber
4.     Esther by Rebecca Kanner

5.     Sunrise of Avalon by Anna Elliott

4 comments:

  1. It looks like we have a bunch of HP fans in this class! I started Harry Potter in fourth grade and I think that really jump-started my love of books. I read a lot of Dean Koontz growing up. My mom had a lot of Dean Koontz and Stephen King books. As I have gotten older, my genres have branched out a bit. Cassandra Clare is one of my faves! Have you read her other shadowhunter series, The Infernal Devices and The Dark Artifices? I really like trying to piece together the different family backgrounds. She weaves characters throughout the different series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had the chance to read those novels yet but they are on my ever-growing list to books to read. She is a really good writer. I like her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading profile! I too am a huge Harry Potter fan. I truly believe that Harry Potter is a gateway drug to hard literature, it really makes you enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is. I can remember sitting on the school bus just reading them because I was enticed by the writing and the magic.

    ReplyDelete