Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Week 6 Prompt Response

The library’s collection of horror needs to be strengthened, and I believe it is time to create an interactive display that suggests popular novels in the genre. Some may consider that horror may be too scary for them to read, so I would recommend a variety of levels so that patrons would have a choice for their personal preferences. Horror is not something I always appreciate it, as it is not my go-to genre, but I would like recognize that others may not share the same preferences with this display.
            I also understand recognize that this approach is a little passive when it comes to reader’s advisory so I would also like to suggest starting a book discussion group about titles that I use in the display. I would use titles that we have in our collection for this display, and I would also include a section for fans of the horror genre to suggestion titles for the book discussion group. The suggestions would be placed in an anonymous box, and I would draw the next book title from this box with at the end of each book discussion group.

            I think this would be a fun to promote the horror genre, and a good way to connect with patrons that are fans of the horror genre so they feel more comfortable coming to the library.  

2 comments: